Thursday, March 27, 2008

Simple things to check

I get quite a few requests to check things that don't seem to be working... the easiest is like now I fix 75% of my tenant's calls about their stove not working... check the plug....

If they insist that they did I advise them: If I come to the house and can fix it by checking the plug it will cost them $25. That usually fixes the stove...

With websites, if it appears to be completely innactive, check with your hosting service to make sure of the following:

  • is your account current?
  • is the URL spelled the way you think it is spelled? ( I scrabble letters everytime...)
  • is the 'redirect' address entered correctly?
  • has anything been deleted or revised recently?

I guess ast last one has a similar origin... Dad taught me that when the car breaks after I fix it that A) the fix was wrong or not tightened or B) the next weakest link just broke...

Enjoy the day!

Jeff

No comments: